Re: [Nmh-workers] Replying ... but not to "me" too

2014-03-26 05:51:08
On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 18:06:03 -0400 Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
sez:

Lyndon's reply solved my problem, but here's my version:

    % man nmh | head -1 | awk '{print $2}'
    [nmh-1.5]

I saw that, but if nmh has the wrong idea of what your local mailbox is,
it might be a better idea to change the Local-Mailbox profile entry.
That affects a bunch of things, not just repl(1).  Alternate-Mailboxes
is really designed for when you have to deal with multiple email
addresses that end up in the same mailbox.

Intriguing thought!

When I first started using MH (in grad school), the default for
Local-Mailbox (<user>@<host>) was my actual mailbox address.  It
wasn't until much later, when I started using a laptop and
connecting via commercial ISPs, that my current situation arose,
where <user>@<host> has no use for email purposes.  (In fact, I
set up my repl*comps at that time to explicitly specify what my
addresses, for From:, Reply-To:, etc., are.  They do that to
this day.)

This works for me, but I would prefer to do things the "proper"
way.  Thanks for the suggestion!

                                Bob