Re: [Nmh-workers] Patch: backup prefix assumption corrections

2014-04-20 15:35:58
I made those changes, but then ran into a problem. If you set
--with-backup-prefix to soemthing in a pound sign e.g; .# or #
...things blow up Makefile.am does not seem to have any facility
for escaping interpolated values, and apparently pounds signs
aren't portable in Makefile variable values anyhow.

 http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2011-08/msg00023.html

Ah, crud.  I didn't know that.  I guess that won't work, will it?
Let me think about this more; we'll have to come up with something better.