Re: [Nmh-workers] My .mh_profile

2014-05-13 07:17:32
Nmh uses file(1) to look into a file to determine what the MIME type is
(if you're using a new enough version of file(1)).  Why did it think it
was a netnews file?  Because of these lines in the magic(5) database:

If I try to attach my .mh_profile, the MIME type comes out as
application/x-symlink: it's a symlink because it makes it easier to
keep it under version control. Otherwise, the file contents are fully
expanded for the attachment. We should perhaps be adding the -L (or
--dereference) option in combination with --mime-type.

Hm.  I see David committed a change for that, but at least according
to the man page on my system:

     -L, --dereference
             option causes symlinks to be followed, as the like-named option
             in ls(1) (on systems that support symbolic links).  This is the
             default behavior.

Ah, I see on another system:

     -L, --dereference
             option causes symlinks to be followed, as the like-named option
             in ls(1) (on systems that support symbolic links).  This is the
             default if the environment variable POSIXLY_CORRECT is defined.