Re: [Nmh-workers] My .mh_profile

2014-05-13 08:37:52
If I try to attach my .mh_profile, the MIME type comes out as
application/x-symlink: it's a symlink because it makes it easier to
keep it under version control. Otherwise, the file contents are fully
expanded for the attachment. We should perhaps be adding the -L (or
--dereference) option in combination with --mime-type.

Hm.  I see David committed a change for that, but at least according
to the man page on my system:

     -L, --dereference
             option causes symlinks to be followed, as the like-named option
             in ls(1) (on systems that support symbolic links).  This is the
             default behavior.

Ah, I see on another system:

     -L, --dereference
             option causes symlinks to be followed, as the like-named option
             in ls(1) (on systems that support symbolic links).  This is the
             default if the environment variable POSIXLY_CORRECT is defined.

Solaris file(1) doesn't support -L (or POSIXLY_CORRECT).  It
supports -h to override its default behavior of following
symlinks.  Mac could do that now, also, though it would lose
backward compatibility and compat legacy support.

We don't use Solaris file anyway because it doesn't support
--mime-type.

David