Re: [Nmh-workers] Search order of the lines in .mh_profile

2014-06-07 10:49:55
Norm wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. By "multiple assignments", I meant multiple
assignment within .mh_profile, or perhaps, more generally, multiple
assignments within any one file.

Like this?

    $ cat /tmp/mh_profile

    $ MH=/tmp/mh_profile folder -f
    folder: multiple "Path" profile components in /tmp/mh_profile, ignoring
".Mail", continuing...
    inbox

That's one the additions to 1.6:

    - All nmh programs will now warn about multiple profile entries
      for the same non-null, non-comment component.  In previous
      versions, all but the first were silently ignored.

I would resist changing that from an admonish to an abort, at
least without a proper notification cycle, because that could
break existing profiles.

David