Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow display bug

2014-07-22 09:24:21
In the iconv command, you can append a //TRANSLIT to the target encoding
to try to substitute some reasonable characters for characters that are
not recognized there.

It appears that iconv(3) returns EILSEQ in this case. Do we have another
mechanism to implement //TRANSLIT? Seems useful.

Anthony pointed out that //TRANSLIT is a GNU extension (and there are API
extensions that GNU iconv provide that give you more control over what
exactly happens there) but I don't think we can really depend on that
since those are not supported by POSIX.