Re: [Nmh-workers] Items for nmh 1.7

2014-07-22 12:10:33
Michael Richardson <mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca> writes:

I encountered a problem with forw -mime, which is used
by MH-E.

If mh-compose-forward-as-mime-flag is t.

         It seems that it ignores Draft-Folder.  I got caught
because I happened to have a (empty) ~/Mail/draft as a directory for
reasons I never figured out.

mh-e probably could give the explicit -draftfolder option, but it
was a surprise.

(Maybe I'm mis-diagnosing the problem, twoo)

Nope, you are spot-on. And it's not because of the -mime option. And
it's not MH-E that is putting the draft in "draft," it is forw's
handling of the -build option, which is used by MH-E. From forw(1):

       The  -build switch is intended to be used by the Emacs mh-e interface to
nmh.  It
       implies -nowhatnowproc.  It causes a file <mh-dir>/draft to be created,
contain‐
       ing  the  draft message that would normally be presented to the user for
editing.
       No mail is actually sent.

I'm guessing this was done so that MH-E could find the draft that forw
created. I can't think of a clean way for MH-E to find the draft if
DraftFolder were in use.

p.s. Calling in sick again today. Only a month behind and 227 more
messages to go.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> aka
<Bill(_dot_)Wohler(_at_)nasa(_dot_)gov>