Re: [Nmh-workers] First idea of a Bison-based address parser available

2014-08-29 09:27:58
Ken wrote:

I had some free time today, so I decided to simply see if it was
possible to even create an RFC-5322 parser in bison.  So I made my
first cut at it and committed it to the tree; it's available in
$(nmh)/sbr/addrparse.y.

Very nice!  I think this is worth pursuing.

We might want to sacrifice some of its elegance to get rid of
the shift/reduce conflicts.  Or, the cfws at beginnings looks
like it causes some of them.  Could the scanner do even more
than you already have it doing to help?  I don't have anything
more specific in mind at this point.

David