Re: [Nmh-workers] Help! Beginning of Messages snipped off

2014-11-20 13:34:17
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
I am having a problem with one one particular correspondent. When I reply
to his messages, the beginning of the body of my messages is snipped off.

As an example, I am attaching:

[...]
     preSend: My draft before I sent it.
     afterSend: What get sent

These two ... do not seem to line up?  Specifically, "afterSend" contains
lines that do not appear in preSend:

This is line 4 of my reply.
This is line 5 of my reply.

I'm willing to believe we might be eating lines somewhere, but I have a
hard time believing we're inserting them :-)

Obviously I was somehow confused. I don't know how.

I will note preSend contains a bunch of NUL characters on the last line;
we probably do poorly with that (and are not valid in email).

Yes, they were the culprit. When I get rid of them. All works. Thank
you very much, indeed.

They got inserted as part of a kludge I use to deal with replies, when
the message I am replying to has quotedPrintable.

    Norman Shapiro