Re: [Nmh-workers] date math -- format help???

2014-12-16 22:19:02
On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 22:37:59 -0500 David Levine <levinedl@acm.org> sez:

Bob wrote:

I'm on the US west coast, so the local time (in parentheses)
should be "-0800" (not "-480").

Can someone explain why this happens?

That's working as intended, per mh-format(5):

    zone     date    integer  timezone in minutes

Try this:

    tzone    date    string   timezone string

Ah, okay, that works!  My man page is for the older NMH 1.5,
and says something critically different at this point:

            zone        date     integer  timezone in hours
            tzone       date     string   timezone string

Based on what "zone" was stated to return, and influenced by
the thread's discussion, I had assumed that "tzone" would
return a symbolic timezone name.

Thanks!

Bob