Re: [Nmh-workers] repl -convertargs support committed on branch

2015-01-04 11:03:54
iCalendar attachment support has been committed on the
convertargs branch.  docs/contrib/replaliases has some
handy shell aliases (functions, actually).  mhical(1)
has been added.

This introduces one change in default behavior:  mhshow/show
will display a formatted version of iCalednar (.ics)
attachments instead of their raw text.

Again, this is just on the convertargs branch.

David

I wrote:

I just committed support for repl -convertargs on a new
branch, convertargs.  It works pretty much as planned:

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2014-11/msg00076.html

except that it's not enabled by default.  Maybe someday that
could be done by having repl insert Nmh-mhbuild-text/html: and
Nmh-mhbuild-text/plain: pseudoheaders in every draft.

This support doesn't introduce any backward incompatibility.

Per later discussion, if there's a Content-Type + blank line
header at the beginning of the converted output, that will be
used.  And I use sed to insert the leading "> " in replied-to
text.  That's in mhn.defaults, so users can override it with
anything they want in their profile.

The easiest way to use repl -convertargs is to source
docs/contrib/replaliases, see it for details.

I noticed one very minor annoyance while integrating this.
Maybe it'll help if I retrace my steps.  First, this is how to
reply to a text/html message:

    $ repl -filter mhl.replywithoutbody -convertargs text/html
    ''

That results in an unhelpful draft with no body.  The user
could run mime at the What now? prompt, but that's an extra
step.  So I added this to that command line:

    -editor mhbuild

and this to my profile:

    mhbuild-next: $EDITOR

That works.  I wanted to add that mhbuild-next line to
mhn.defaults so that users wouldn't have to (and mhbuild
shouldn't normally be run twice).  But that doesn't work
because whatnow(1) doesn't read mhn.defaults.  Maybe we could
change that if there's interest, though I haven't thought
through for any possible side effects.  So the user is left
with these choices:  1) run mime at the What now? prompt 2)
add mhbuild-next: $EDITOR or equivalent to profile and add
-edit mhbuild to command line 3) add -edit mhbuild to command
line and run "-e[dit] $EDITOR" or equivalent at the What now?
prompt

This commit does not support iCalendar attachments.  That's on
its way.

David