Re: [Nmh-workers] mh-format multiply function

2015-01-09 12:04:00
Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> writes:
Is it really true, that mh-format does not have a multiply function?

Huh ... it does not! I guess one of those old geezers did not think it was
necessary.

More likely, he (probably Marshal Rose) just forgot about that one.

Maybe it would be worth it to implement that at some point.

In the meantime, without a multiply:

Given given an integer (in this case rclock{date}) how do I divide it by
another integer (in this case 86400==24*60*60) displaying the result,
including 2 places to the right of the decimal point.

I think maybe I could do it without multiply, but with modulo and subtract, IF
I had more than one num. But with only one num it would take an mh-format
expert.

    Norman Shapiro