Re: [Nmh-workers] Getting the location of the of the nmh executables from a script

2015-01-27 12:31:19
The problem, I meant to add to my email but forgot, is that this below
script will (well, should) find itself first.  You have to teach the
script to recognize itself and go for the next match.  Again, not sure
how to do that off the top of my head.  I'm pretty sure $0 conatins the
name of the script as it was invoked, and not necessarily its full proper
path.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie
hymie(_at_)lactose(_dot_)homelinux(_dot_)net

hymie(_at_)lactose(_dot_)homelinux(_dot_)net writes:
#!/bin/sh

P=$PATH

while [ "x$P" != "x" ]
do
 D=`echo $P | cut -d: -f1`
 if [ -f $D/scan ]
 then
   echo "found $D/scan"
   exit 0
 fi
 P=`echo $P | cut -s -d: -f2-`
done

echo "did not find scan"
exit 1

norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org writes:
How, from a script, can I get the location of the nmh executables. I don't
mean the location of the "fancy" executables that `mhparam libexecdir`
gets me, but the location of the "user" executables, like scan.
Yes, I know, it will be in $PATH, but I want to make sure that I get
the right component of $PATH.