Re: [Nmh-workers] .mh_profile question

2015-02-02 21:09:08
Maybe someone can see what I'm doing stupidly here as I'm going blind.
I have some folders that have ?9999 messages that I don't want to break
up, so I want to go to a 5 digit message number in scan

Others have already answered you, but to expand some more ...

Arguments in the profile (as Robert already said) are processed by
brkstring(), which just does simple space splitting.  Should it do
more with quoting and escapes?  Probably.  But I always get hung up on
what quoting we should support, and then actually WRITING that code ...
bleh.  Also, this would be an incompatible change to the profile format,
and I know how much you love those, Jon :-)

So the short answer is: yeah, it doesn't work, we should fix that,
but we haven't yet.  Suggestions to what exactly should be implemented
would be welcome.