Re: [Nmh-workers] EAI?

2015-08-06 14:34:39
From the MUA perspective, IIUC, it relies on native support on the
host to handle unencoded UTF-8 addresses.  Would nmh support just be a
matter of 1) not encoding addresses (controlled by a switch) in
outgoing messages and 2) when showing a message, indicating that an
address couldn't be displayed?

It's not realistic to bury are heads in the sand and ignore this. It's coming.

Since we require a Posix environment, that means utf8 locale support must be in place, thus all the OS bits are there waiting to be used.

But to do this properly we really need to overhaul the code base to process everything internally as utf8. That's not a trivial task, but we have to do it, sooner or later.

--lyndon