[Nmh-workers] Making all Mail Appear to be from the Correct User

2015-08-11 17:32:38
        While getting this system to play nicely with the ISP
that I use, I have run in to a problem. The user ID
needs to be martin.m on the ISP's smtp server as martin is
already in use by another user. Messages generated by comp are no
problem as I needed only to modify the local ~/Mail/components
file and add

From: martin(_dot_)m(_at_)suddenlink(_dot_)net to fix things but replies are
another issue. They build the From name automatically which turns
out to be martin(_at_)suddenlink(_dot_)net if you go by the mailname for the
domain name plus the user ID.

        Is there a variable I can change that will insure that
repl and dist all get the proper user ID?

        This will at least fix one problem and I appreciate all
suggestions.

Martin McCormick