Re: [Nmh-workers] repl doesn't like return address

2015-08-31 14:57:37

I only run into this with one person running an MSN.com account.
I'm certain that I won't be able to get him to change his human
readable "real name" part.  I'm even more certain that I won't
be able to get MSN.com to adhere to the standard.

I think my options are:

 - Fix the issue by hand, which is what I'm doing now.  There is
   not much traffic of this kind where I'm at, so this isn't too
   much trouble.

 - Alter the replyfilter perl script to legalize real names.  I
   haven't looked.  But, I have perl skills and might do this.
   It's not a high priority.  But, if I do, then I'll submit a
   patch.

 - Adopt any forthcoming nmh patch.  I have skills to build code
   and would use a patch, should one emerge.

At least I have it confirmed that the real names containing dots
(perhaps other characters too?) are not adhering to the standard(s).

Thanks....