Re: [Nmh-workers] Large Message

2015-09-11 12:48:49
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
The attached message indicates that a message to me was rejected for being
too
big. Was this done by my software? If so, how can I determine the size limit
and how can I increase it?

It looks like in this case ... yes, I believe the limit is on your end.

I am a little unclear on your email setup; I know the MX handler for dad.org
is ns2.adzone.com. It looks like then it might hand it off to a mail server
in dad.org (nad.dad.org?). So you'd need to talk to the guy who administrates
nad.dad.org.

If that is YOU ... well, in fairness I will point out that this isn't a nmh
problem :-) But I guess I'd do the following steps:

- Telnet to nad.dad.org 25, and give the command "EHLO foo". You'll get list
of supported SMTP extensions. One of them might be SIZE, and a large number.
That would be the advertized size limit (not all mail servers will report a
size).

- If you are running Postfix (a guess based on a Googling of that error
message), that's an easy parameter to change. Check out:

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

You probably want "message_size_limit" and/or "mailbox_size_limit".

Thank you very much.

I ultimately decided not to risk changing /etc/postfix/main.cf. Much though, I
hate the interface, I will exchange large files using google-drive instead.