Re: [Nmh-workers] contrib to select mail server based on From: in draft

2016-05-31 12:12:08
Do you have anything set up to automatically alter From addresses when
replying?  I've a hacked-up editor script that alters them according to
various things, such as the originator or recipient address.  Maybe
there's a more nmh-y way to do that nowadays though..?

We've discussed this on the mailing list in the past, although I guess
we never sat down and spelled out the steps.  But yes, I do this.

The magic is all in replcomps; basically, that needs to be modified so
the "right" header is chosen based on some criteria in the original message.
Here's part of what I use, to give you an idea:

%<{delivered-to}%<(match kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com)\
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
%|\
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@work.address>
%>\

That means, "If the Delivered-To header matches "kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com", put
a From header of kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com, otherwise use my work address.  This
assumes you have some mechanism to decide on the From header based on
the message headers, and that the mh-profile language is powerful enough
to make use of it.