Re: [Nmh-workers] decode base64 auth info in -snoop output?

2016-08-12 11:23:54
post(1) -snoop currently doesn't decode base64-encoded smtp
authentication information.  I'm thinking of decoding it to make it
easier to use, and to not mask it.

I personally have no objections ... but my only caution is that sometimes
the base64 encoded SASL tokens are actually binary, so you should make
sure you use a pretty-printer that can handle binary.

Also, to me the point behind -snoop is to observer the actual SMTP/POP
network transmission; decoding the base64 means that you won't see that.
So I don't know if it's worth marking it somehow that it's base64, or
maybe make it so can not decode the SASL tokens.