Re: [Nmh-workers] folder -nocreate +/this/does/not/exist

2016-08-29 04:08:22
Hi David,

    $ mhparam folder
    -nocreate
    $ folder +/this/does/not/exist
    $ echo $?
    1

I'd expect something on stderr.

Well, the man page doesn't promise that

No, I quite agree.  Didn't meant to imply it did.

I think the non-zero exit status is sufficient.  Esp. in scripts.

Well, folder(1) is kind of cd and mkdir in one.  With -nocreate, I'm
cd-ing to the folder, and cd complains when the directory's missing.  I
agree I should notice the lack of "/this/does/not/exist+ has no
messages.", but the Unix norm is silence if all's well so I've been
conditioned.  My following commands, in the wrong folder, can wreak
havoc.  :-)

Cheers, Ralph.