[Nmh-workers] TLS support for POP merged to master

2016-09-23 13:34:38
Greetings all,

I've merged into the main tree a complete reworking of our networking
code.  Now all of the network security layer has been moved into a
single set of routines (see h/netsec.h and sbr/netsec.c) and our POP and
SMTP code has been all converted to use it.  As a result of this, we
now have native TLS support for the programs that support POP (namely,
inc(1) and msgchk(1)).

Existing users should notice almost no change, with one significant
exception.  Users who use the new OAuth authentication support are now
required to add the -sasl flag to the appropriate utilities.  The OAuth
code is now organized under the SASL framework, so it now requires the
-sasl flag to enable SASL authentication (all of the other arguments
needed for OAuth support are still required).

As always, feedback is welcome.