Re: [Nmh-workers] EAI?

2016-09-24 15:21:13
Laura wrote:

Whatever we come up with, I will need a setting for 'default utf'
to handle my little corner of the world.  I don't want to type send -eai
for practically every piece of mail I create or reply to. :)

Oh, this is just about EAI and that's a much, much smaller corner of
the world.  In fact, not all SMTP servers support it yet.  It's just
for handling 8-bit addresses (and other header field bodies).

nmh 1.6 handles 8-bit, include UTF-8, message bodies as-is.  So will
nmh 1.7.

And just to note in case it's useful, if you want to enable a switch
for all uses, you can put it in your profile.  For example,

    send: -msgid -messageid random

If you need to override occasionally, many switches have a
corresponding -no form, -nomsgid in this case.

David