Re: [Nmh-workers] TLS certificate validation

2016-09-24 21:14:09
Any system that does not maintain up-to-date certificates is just broken;
an invitation for security vulnerabilities to be exploited in situations
where expired or revoked certificates can be exploited.  Validating the
certificate chain should be the default and any other option available
should come with language that strongly discourages their use.  Doing
anything else would be giving people a false sense of security.

I'm not DISAGREEING with you that it's important; I just wonder how
good of a job operating systems do here.  More investigation is needed.