Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.7 release date

2016-10-29 21:48:03

On Oct 29, 2016, at 7:38 PM, David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> wrote:

All I will make noise about right now is: valgrind valgrind valgrind!

Great idea.  I just ran it, all clean for Ralph's work.  My last MIME
parser fix introduced an anomaly, I just fixed.

But how much code coverage do we actually get?  The problem with smallish
tools, like what MH is built from, is that off-beat code paths can be difficult
to exercise.

It will be so nice to get my VM test environments put back together.  It has
been frustrating trying to keep up with the detailed checks I like to do, when
I don't have all the bits in play.

And I apologize to Ralph for barking at him like I did.  That was frustration
running over.

But we still need to look very closely under the hood at the sweeping changes
that are being made.  I still think there is a forest/trees dichotomy being
missed here.  I need a month to get my test environment nailed up and ready to
go again.

--lyndon