Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg issue with ill-formed mail.

2016-11-19 12:06:50
and mhfixmsg just went nuts when it hit that \0. The exact failure mode
depends on how far into the bodypart the \0 is - sometimes the message
body goes bye-bye, other times the a chunk of text disappears and the
next line is adjoined to the front half of the previous line.

As a general note ... we handle messages with \0 very poorly.  For
example, if you're retrieving a message using POP and inc, it probably
truncates the line at that point (which I suppose is why I never see any
\0s in my messages; they're automatically filtered!).  MH has always
handled this poorly for approximately forever.  Fixing this is a lot of
work.  AFAICT, messages with \0 are only valid if the CTE is "binary".
I'm not saying that we SHOULDN'T handle them better; it's just a huge
pain.