Re: [Nmh-workers] I did something wrong with replcomps

2016-12-11 10:04:51
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
When I changed my replcomps:

11,12c11,12
< From: norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org
---
From: %(localmbox)

repl suddenly started inserting a spurious unadorned "cc: norm" (with no
@dad.org) into my drafts, when there is no such address in the message
being replied to.

That's from this line:

%(lit)%(formataddr{to})%(formataddr{cc})%(formataddr(me))

Specifically, the "%(formataddr(me))".  (You should probably never use
%(me) except for a very few specific things).

To give you an idea, for me:

%(me)          kenh
%(myhost)      pobox.com
%(me)@%(myhost)        kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com
%(localmbox)   Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>

(Also, when you're in your replcomps, you might want to consider updating
the In-Reply-To header).

I won't pretend to understand much of that, I couldn't have even
when I was much younger and smarter than I am now.

Would somebody be willing to please send me a replcomps that does
not do an fcc, but that does do a:

     cc: norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org

Or, I suppose:

     cc:  %(localmbox)

and which also "updat[es] the In-Reply-To header", as Ken Hornstein suggested
above.

Thank you, muchly,

    Norman Shapiro