Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to rcvdist.man

2016-12-29 16:20:32
Larry wrote:

My proposal is 'Default foo', for the foo in %nmhetcdir% and
'User foo' for the foo in the user's <mh-dir>.

I'm fine with that.  Though didn't your rcvdist.man changes
get the following backwards, assuming that files in $HOME
are treated the same as those in the user's <mh-dir>?

   $HOME/.maildelivery          The file controlling local delivery
   /etc/nmh/maildelivery        User delivery file

(It occurs to me that in barging in here with my keyboard blazing
I am quite possibly stepping on venerable toes. I apologise for
any discomfort caused, however inadvertently, to those who may
have come before me.)

Thank you for saying that, though I think that forward progress
is always good.

David - README.manpages states that I shouldn't be changing the
dates on these, as I'm only really tweaking formatting. I can revert
the date changes if you like?

Though I didn't go back and look, I think that your date changes
have been fine.  My interpretation is that if the text (content)
changes at all, then the date should be updated.

David