Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh should be more careful about when it unlinks draft files

2017-01-02 09:07:07
Laura wrote:

I think _after_ the whatnow(1) prompt, as well, but it has long since
scrolled away.  I don't remember the shell complaing about receiving an
unwanted 'send', so I think that whatnow received it.

So it sounds like you did tell whatnow to send.

Was the draft renamed to a backup file?  That would be in your
drafts directory and named with the draft message number prefixed
with a , (by default).  And there might also be a similarly named,
but with a .orig suffix, earlier draft file.

If you use repl -annotate, was the message that you replied to
annotated?

Did you use send -push, either from the keyboard or in your profile?

The mail did not go out to the person I was replying to, and the
copy cc'd to me also did not arrive.

So many things have changed since 1.6 that I won't try to guess at
the cause.  But I would expect to find a backup draft file if the
draft is gone:  the draft is renamed to the backup file immediately
after an apparently successful send.  The backup would have been
overwritten if you then created and sent another message, using a
draft with the same message number.

David