Re: [Nmh-workers] UNIX vs Unix in man pages - any appetite for change?

2017-03-22 11:47:12
Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi Larry,

I have edits made here that will change UNIX to Unix in:
Before I commit and diff them, would they be welcome?

Already a +1 from me, obviously.
What do you mean by "commit"?
Wondering if that means your patch submission could be simpler for you.

Just commmit *locally*, here. I work on a local branch (of my local
tree). It's probably easier (in this case) to wait for an OK before
committing these changes locally; an alternative is to commit these
locally, move on and make some more changes locally, find out the
UNIX changes aren't wanted, and then try to unfuck things in my
local branch...  which will, if experience is any guide, lead to a
meltdown that I would rather avoid.

So if I get a "Yay" – in this case – I commit 'em and send diffs,
if I get a "Nay" I 'git checkout .' and move on to the next job.

As it is, there's changes here to pick.man, that are on top of
changes I've already submitted, so there may be some unravelling
to be done anyway, if you follow me. (Actually, there's a wee bit
of a backlog at the moment, so I might wait a while and see what
of my most recent patches get applied, and then press on from there.)

I could get all git about it, and maintain separate branches per
change, or something, or become some sort of git zen master, but –
contrary to all indications – I do have a life.