Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to mh-profile.man

2017-03-22 21:43:12
On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 00:46:53 -0000, Larry Hynes said:

Does the following actually make sense? (I have my doubts.)

      The password for POP service when the -sasl switch is used
      with one of these programs is the login name on the local
      machine.

To the extent that it makes sense, it's *wrong*.  It doesn't use your
login name as the POP password.

What it does is take the -user value (or login name if -user not passed),
and use that to look up a line in .netrc.