Re: [Nmh-workers] Case-insensitive filesystem pathnames in alias files

2017-04-12 12:31:25
man mh-alias says:

 Alias file contents are case-insensitive, with the exception of filesystem
 path names.

Is that really true for case-insensitive filesystems, such as those normally
on Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh? I don't have access to such a
filesystem so I can't test it. I'm guessing that the code just tries to open a
file with an unmodified name, and that will just work on a case-insensitive
filesystem for a file whose name matches case-insensitively.

Yeah, that's what I'm assuming as well.  It looks like case-sensitivity
is the default in POSIX, but case-insensitivity is a permitted
extension.  Personally, I don't think it's worth a change in the manual.