Re: [Nmh-workers] sbr/fmt_scan.c: cpstripped(): assert(w >= 0) Failure.

2017-04-26 19:29:35
Ralph wrote:

Hi David,

I noticed that the altstr = NULL; in cptrimmed(), line 197, is inside
the w >=0 block.  I think it should be outside.

The else block for that condition effectively returns so the un-NULL'd
altstr isn't used again.  (They should be swapped.  :-)

That's in cpstripped(), right?  There isn't an else block in cptrimmed().

I don't have time to look at these for a while.  But I agree that they
need to be cleaned up.

Can we axe the MULTIBYTE_SUPPORT configure test for <wchar_t.h>,
<wctype.h>, mbtowc(), and wcwidth() as they're all POSIX?

I don't feel strongly about it, but I'd be reluctant to before 1.7.
nmh still gets tested on some old platforms.

Have added a to-do item to spell-check comments, with that as a sample
to test my shell skills.

misspell_fixer, https://github.com/vlajos/misspell_fixer, was run
on the code last year and found a bunch, which were fixed.  I just
ran it, no complaints.  It doesn't check for misspelled variable
names.

David