Re: [Nmh-workers] Merging Source Files with git.

2017-11-12 14:41:52
Dear Ralph,

In message <20171111171437.9178B1FF94@orac.inputplus.co.uk> you wrote:

I wonder if git-mv(1) adds meta-data to the pending commit, and if so
does that survive a merge of another commit that also moves to the same
destination file.  I'm guessing not as it would otherwise multi-parent
graph of the destination file that I'm after.

The history of the tree is recorded in the repository itself.  Using
"git log --follow" you can track the history of a file even across
merges and renames.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10%  takes
the other 90% of the time.

--
Nmh-workers