Re: [Nmh-workers] fix to mhshow markers with multiple messages

2018-02-07 20:18:03
I just committed 037aeaf6 to master, it attempts to fix a bug when
showing multiple MIME messages.  There's an example below, which
shows that the marker from the first message was repeated in subsequent
messages.

Question:  I had to disable reset_comptable in the calls to fmt_compile()
and fmt_free(), else valgrind noticed writes of free'd memory.  Should
it be enabled in the final call for mfmt?

You can't really use two different format strings at once, and it seems like
that's the core problem; you can only use one at a time.  Well, actually,
you only get one COMPONENT table at a time.  The idea behind resetting it
is if you want to use a different format string with the same component
table.  Okay, yeah, that should be fixed ... but ... you know how it
goes, limited time and all.  I think the "right" answer is to call
compile_header() and compile_marker() for each message.

Nmh-workers