Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?

2018-02-12 03:27:52
Hi Paul,

i just don't know whether MH can attract new users through a rewrite.

That wouldn't be the aim.  The aim would be for the existing users to
have a code base that allowed more rapid, stable development of new
features, deprecating old warts, and improving consistency.

For example, whilst I like the Unix idiom of one command to do one thing
well, I do find myself doing a series of picks, marks, and scans to
whittle down emails whereas having a consistent, planned, notation that
can be used wherever a message number can be given would lessen the
iterations a lot.  `seq=-3' is nice, but I can't do `seq:-3:2', for
example.  And overall it's warty, so warty no one replied to my
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2017-09/msg00014.html
:-)

--
Cheers, Ralph.