Re: [nmh-workers] can comp return the filename of the newly created draft?

2018-06-15 10:14:31
I've been toying with creating a vim frontend for nmh, taking as much advantage
of the existing toolbox as possible. The way I have currently envisioned the
process is to call comp within the editor (using -nowhatnow and -noedit), and
have the editor open a new buffer with the newly created draft. However, for
this to work I'd need to know the name of the newly created draft, specially if
there's more than one available draft. Is there a way to receive this
information from comp itself (or from any other nmh tool)?

It looks like you have a couple of options.

If you use the -build option to comp, then the draft file is always called
"draft", no exceptions.

If you don't use -build, then things get a little more complicated.
If you don't set a draft folder (either in your context or via
-draftfolder), then the draft file is called "draft", the same as with
-build.  If you DO have a draft folder, then the message is created in
your draft folder and is marked as "cur", so you can easily figure it
out that way (that's what exmh does).  You can also explicitly give it a
draft folder and message number with -draftfolder and -draftmessage, and
ALSO give it whatever filename you want with -file.