[nmh-workers] Killing Content-MD5 support

2018-07-01 16:45:48
Alright, since this came up , it has prompted me to look at our
Content-MD5 header support again.

Here's what I believe to be true:

- We are the only MUA to have ever implemented the Content-MD5 header.
- Currently we will only output it if you include the -check flag.
- Currently we only calculate it correctly if your CTE is quoted-printable
  (we may calculate it correctly for some other content types, but that
  is debatable).
- We only VERIFY it for content that is encoded with a CTE of
  quoted-printable or base64.

This state of affairs strikes me as ... crazy?  Anyway, since we don't
get it right in a lot of cases, this suggests to me that we really
shouldn't implement it at all.  If someone wants to keep this support,
please make your case; otherwise I propose it be removed and for the
next release the -check/-nocheck flags are turned into NOPs and removed
some point later.