Re: [nmh-workers] mhbuild(1)'s `-check' Belongs to Another.

2018-07-02 21:28:08
Valdis wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 07:10:58 -0400, David Levine said:
It occurs to me that mhfixmsg doesn't update a Content-MD5 header if
it changes the content.  It should, though I don't have cycles to fix
it now.

By my reading of RFC 1864, you usually shouldn't need to. And if you
do need to, you're going to need a bigger can for those worms you just
let out of the existing can.

Thank you for digging into this.

So it's probably OK to drop it on the floor if mhfixmsg is acting like
a gateway and translating into different content-type.

Yeah, that's what I had in mind, notably when overwriting a
text/plain part with -replacetextplain.  I only use that for
(near-)empty text/plain parts from busticated mailers, which of
course don't use Content-MD5.  So while a theoretical concern, I
don't think it's a significant one in practice.

David