Re: [nmh-workers] ARC: Forwarding with DMARC, DKIM, and SPF.

2019-02-05 09:18:05
Hi Ken,

Happy New Year!  :-)

And thinking about it ... I don't think the normal usage of dist(1)
SHOULD cause any problems.  With regards to SPF, since it uses the
MAIL FROM header that should be fine, since your MAIL FROM should be
set properly to the identity of the dist(1)er.  Since you aren't
modifying any headers when using dist(1), the DKIM signature should
still be valid.

I think you're right on both counts, and that's what I used to think
too.  I know SPF, a bit about DKIM, and still less about DMARC, but I
think DMARC complains because although SPF and DKIM are individually
happy the headers are not in `alignment': DKIM's are still upstream
compared to SPF.  Failure can result.

--
Cheers, Ralph.