Re: [nmh-workers] Flagging messages

2019-05-27 11:34:30
 | IBM mainfraimes with RECFM=FB, LRECL=80 (the classic format
 | for punchcards)?  Don't forget the EBCDIC encoding fun :-)

Oh, I know systems with fixed lenght records exist(ed).  The question
was whether any of them actually did anything which pretended to be
RFC822 format e-mail (and used fixed length record files to do it).

I remember those systems well, but AFAIK when they communicated via
email with the rest of the world they sent "standard" RFC 822 messages,
with no funny stuff like completely blank lines.  Well, besides the eternal
confusion of ASCII<->EBCDIC character mapping :-)