Re: [nmh-workers] burst behavior

2019-06-27 11:14:44
ralph wrote:
Hi Paul,

An obvious fix (for me) is to pre-process the digest, and
hyphen-escape all lines which follow the "END OF DIGEST" line and
which begin with a '-', by adding an extra '- ' at the start of line.
If I do that, then burst will do the right thing, and ignore all of
the trailer text.

Isn't it simpler to

    sed '/^- *END OF [^ ]* DIGEST/q'

if you're preprocessing?  If your sed has -i then you could run it on
the digest first to do the change in situ.

Yes, it certainly would be easier.  (Too many trees -- where's the
forest??)  In fact, a few minutes before posting I thought to myself,
"I'll bet Ralph replies with a one-liner for this."  :-)

paul