Re: [nmh-workers] Novel Definition of Deprecation.

2019-07-25 11:25:20
But what about our releases not matching many users' upgrade schedules
so our one-release deprecation notice is of no use to many?  That would
suggest more rapid change could be possible without the wait-a-release
delay.  The alternative is to fudge it by releasing more often so we can
hoodwink them in another way that they were given fair notice.  :-)

Sigh.  I think we're overthinking this ... there are no good answers.
I'm not so fond of releasing more often when there hasn't been
significant changes (we do have some reasonable bug fixes that have
occured since 1.7.1).  We're going to have users bitten by unexpected
changes, and that's just a fact of life.  I'm fine with the current
"keep for one release" schedule.  We have simply killed without
deprecating some other features along the way that were unused or didn't
make any sense anymore.