Re: [nmh-workers] To/cc decode or not to/cc decode

2019-07-25 21:31:01
I've been thinking a bit more about this.  A folder of test emails that
can be tested by a installed command available to the user.  That can
either use what it thinks is a good modern configuration so the user can
see what's possible in theory, or the user's configuration so they can
test their set up on a variety of emails.  The former could be built on
the fly based on what commands are installed, e.g. lynx(1) v. links(1).

Hm, well ... I think notifying the user of that might be tough.  But ...
we DO have the problem where users say, "Hey, this email doesn't look
right" and we first have to figure out what the email contains to try
to determine what is going wrong.  A set of emails that we know the content
of sure would help in debugging that.  I think that would be worthwhile
to put together if you wanted to do that.  It might even help a few
long-time MH/nmh users on this mailing list who somehow manage to keep
munging 8-bit characters in their replies (you know who you are!).