Re: [nmh-workers] mhstore and encoded filename | mhfixmsg

2019-08-21 20:56:19
Tom writes:

It would be interesting to hear some background on why these repairs are
needed.

Ken already mentioned the RFCs, but let me point out:

  mhfixmsg applies two transformations unconditionally.  The
  first removes an extraneous trailing semicolon from the
  parameter lists of MIME header field values.  The second
  replaces RFC 2047 encoding with RFC 2231 encoding of name and
  filename parameters in Content-Type and Content-Disposition
  header field values, respectively.

msg 3677 is from yahoo email.  I assume some email clients are worse than
others / which ones?

I usually don't identify specific email clients:  the fixes apply to a message
from any client.

Ralph, I'll fix the extra newlines, thanks.  As far as the warning about the
missing semicolon goes, I don't think it's necessary or even correct. If I'm
reading the RFCs correctly now, parameters are optional for Content-Type and
Content-Disposition.

David