Re: gmail oauth requirement coming

2019-12-17 09:35:03
By 2021 from what I read all gmail access will have to be done through
oauth.  If I understand this correctly device passwords for less secure
apps will be going away too.  If an email app hasn't got oauth capability
the only solution I can foresee is to have all gmail forwarded to a
different email address which doesn't require oauth to access it.
Warnings about change from what I understand will start in June of 2020.

I believe we're good, at least from a protocol standpoint (thanks for
the heads up!); we implemewnt XOAUTH2 and I know people are using it.
I am not sure if we need to implement any other protocols, but I don't
believe they are hard.

But ... guys, I am not sure if our API key is registered properly with
Gmail anymore.  I recall some messages saying that our privacy policy
was rejected, or something like that.  I'm not part of the "nmh"
organization that Google knows about.  David, do you remember more
about that?