Re: text/calendar vs application/ics

2020-01-07 14:12:42
.. in that it shows application/ics and message text, but I no longer
hear about other attachments — where previously an attached .jpg would
cause a "suppressed" message at the end of show's output, now there's no
mention of it.  So if that's not the right way, then is there an easy
way to get application/ics inlined like text/*?

We should have a richer way of specifying what content types are to
be displayed ... but we don't.  That code is kind of mess.

I guess ... from looking at the code, what we do EXACTLY is:

- Always display a text part, regardless of the disposition
- If we either have textonly set (the default) or inlineonly set (the default)
  and it is an attachment, output a marker.  Otherwise, try to display it
  (and complaint if it cannot).

So there's really no way (that I can tell right now) of doing what you
want, which is "display this particular application/ics message" but
display all others normally.

Alternatively, is there any way of telling nmh that application/ics is
really text/calendar?

Other than 'sed -e s#application/ics#text/calendar#', no.  I was hoping
mhfixmsg could do that, but it seems like right now it cannot (unless I
misunderstood the man page, which is always possible).

You COULD complain to meetup.com; sending out application/ics is total crap.