Re: send bcc: wierdness?

2020-04-12 03:03:34
    Date:        Sun, 12 Apr 2020 01:05:29 -0400
    From:        "Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks" <valdis.kletnieks@vt.edu>

  | the part I couldn't figure out is why it sends EHLO, RCPT TO, RCPT TO
  | - and then an RSET rather than DATA, before sending the two copies.

That will be do that is one of the addresses is bad (and the receiving
MTA can work that out - which it once would have often done, and sadly these
days, amost never) then the message gets delivered to no-one, rather than
being sent to some of the destinations, leaving you to work out how to
reconstruct the message to send it with corrected addresses, without
bothering people who got the first one with a second (and so those people
don't receive a message containing bad addresses if at all possible).

That should probably all go now - no-one's local MTA does remote addr
resolution before accepting the addr - most don't even do local addr
resolution - they just send a bounce message later.

kre