Re: One-liner to retrieve an email's recipients?

2020-08-18 13:00:12
Thanks Ralph — I cottoned on to using

 %(formataddr {to})%(formataddr {cc})%(putstr)

as a merge trick, but there's no way of applying %(addr) to a list,
right?  So your nice grep regexp there looks like it'd be one of the
best ways of extracting the pure addresses after all..?

I mean, you CAN apply %(addr) to a list, but it will only work on the first
address.  And this exposes a weakness in the mh-format language (and is why
I said it was "mostly complete"): there's no way to perform an operation on
each address in a list of them.

I've thought about repurposing the never-used loop format (%[...]) to do
that.  I'd have to think about how that would work, though.  Maybe ...

%[{addr}%|body-of-loop%]

I would have THOUGHT being stuck at home during a global pandemic would
have given me more free time to work on nmh, but somehow the exact opposite
has happened.