Re: mhshow/firefox can't find file

2020-11-05 13:15:25
I get, piped through less:

 Date:    Thu, 05 Nov 2020 08:45:59 +0000
 To:      <the To: address line>
 From:    <the From: address line>
 Subject: <the Subject: address line>

Followed by one blank line,
Then almost all the lines in the header,
except the ones that start with:

That is controlled by "mhl", specifically the file "mhl.headers" (this is
all explained in the mhshow man page, but perhaps not well).  There
is a line in it that says:

extras:nocomponent

Which means everything that isn't ignored gets output.  The current default
ignore line is:

ignores=msgid,message-id,received,content-type,content-transfer-encoding,content-id

So you can get rid of the "extras" line or add more to "ignores".

When less exits, firefox open an error page with:

 File not found
 Firefox can’t find the file at <Path from ~/.mh_profile>/mhshowpMnlWx.html.

So, you don't say what your operating system is.  There were some
distributions that were by default configured to pass HTML to a graphical
using the default rules in mailcap.  The problem is that those mailcap
rules don't work by default, because we get rid of those files when the
program exits.  We SHOULD be setting things up so it goes through a
text-based HTML formatter like w3m by default.  But if you have your own
configuration on how to handle HTML content ... well, we'd need more
information.

Also why, with the -noheader option, I still get the header?

All that -header/-noheader controls is the "message separator header",
NOT the display of the header of the email message.